Our large US multinational is seeking a Trade Senior Analyst to serve as a trusted advisor. The purpose of this role is to facilitate compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade. The position can be remote combined with regular trips to the manufacturing site, reporting to the Trade Compliance Manager for EMEA.
If you would like to have a call to discuss this, please let me know
- Implement and execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the manufacturing site in Romania to ensure compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a point of contact for BU stakeholders on Customs- and Trade-related matters.
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Ensure product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure the proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility)
- Manage export control activities (license management, end-user certificate …)
- Work with the company’s Global Trade team to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g., make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risks and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
- Bachelor’s degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field
- 6+ years experience in global Customs- and Trade compliance (Preferred: 3+ years experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial multinational company)
- Strong functional knowledge of import and export regulations in Romania and past interaction with Customs Authorities and ANCEX (Preferred: Experience in export license process in Romania and knowledge of Military Controls, or dual-use goods)
- Proven ability to work with a variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement, and finance
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Able to proactively identify and manage trade compliance risks, preventing future issues from forming.
- Able to transform trade compliance rules into practical operations processes and solutions.
- Fluent in the English language
- Travel may be necessary for the fulfillment of responsibilities
Nice to have
- Specific training and certifications in Customs and Trade
- Good knowledge of MS Tools and SAP